Monday, March 23, 2015

Poetry

For the creative writing class I take, we had to write a poem inspired by a song or art. I actually liked this one, so here it is!

Memories 

I look at the people I knew, places I've been,
The chameleon skin.
Those I once was, the person I've become.
Faces that once were the pivot of my life,
Those who brought smiles to my face,
Gave me wants, dreams, and hopes.

A memento that crawls out from the pit
Buried inside of me, like
Memories lost, brought out again
To a world not ready to pause, to listen.
To take a moment to hear those sounds,
Of carefree laughter with no wants nor burdens.

The broken lock, memories spilled out
As former selves pour out.
Remembering.
Becoming.
Forming.
Little things that were siren sounds.
Events hated but now warmly hums.

Ideas flash of who I was,
No longer trapped on the road,
Able to pick the path not well worn.
Little pockets of sunrise as I remember who I’m now
The body dulled, the spark hard to find.

The child grew up,
Shed the skins, the layers of who she grew from
Different layers of life
The chameleon skin of youth dying off,
Gone.
The little child smiled,
Held out small fingers,
As she melted away to a larger self, one that’ll one day see who she once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment